The Organising Committee of the 25 th SEDERI International Conference and the Spanish and Portuguese Association for English Renaissance Studies welcomes proposals for 20-minute papers on topics related to the main conference theme and any other aspect of Early Modern culture. Please notice that English is the official language of the conference.
20-minute papers are welcome on the following topics
- Mapping selves and identities: cities, topographies, and geographies
- Shaping identities. Science and enquiry / sport and the body
- Religious and reformed identities
- The construction of national identities
- New World selfhood and otherness
- Racialist designs of identity
- Editing identities: book history and textual culture
- Translation and intercultural exchange
- Performing identities
- Premodern gender: tales of sexuality and feeling
- Any other topic on early modern literature, language and culture
Please include the following information with your proposal:
- the full title of your paper;
- a 200-word abstract of your paper;
- your name, postal address and e-mail address;
- your institutional affiliation and position;
- any AV requirements you may have;
- your SEDERI membership status (i.e. present member, membership to be renewed, nonmember, membership application submitted/to be submitted*)
Participants may also want to propose their own thematic panels, to include papers delivered by 3 or 4 participants. Panel convenors should submit their proposal in broad observance of the criteria itemised before for individual proposals.
Please submit your proposal by e-mail before 24 January 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your submission in plain text in the body of your e-mail and as an attachment (.doc, .docx, RTF).